- Ph.D. or MS in computer science, machine learning, physics, or engineering
- 8+ years satellite image related industry experience
- Strong academic background with prominent research that’s been recognized at leading conferences and journals.
- Track record of success building and leading a machine learning group at a recognized tech company or a successful startup.
- Proficiency with TensorFlow, Keras, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python and associated packages, and image pre-processing methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, assessing tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Proficient with AWS or Azure cloud computing environments.
- Proficient with a distributed computing platform (GeoMesa, GeoTrillis, Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
- Experience with parallel/distributed computing or HPC systems.
- Experience with prototyping on NVIDIA/DGX or equivalent architecture and hardware.
- Experience in computer vision or machine learning for anomaly and defect detection applications.
*You must be authorized to work in the US.
Spark Insights is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law.